Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gmail client on my Nokia 6133?

I've download the gmail client software but when I attempt to log in it says that the application does not have permissions. I would back out of the program, highlight the program, click options and the option to give access to the application is grayed out. I would also like to get Google Maps for mobile working and assume the same fix will work for that. I've seen, online, a few fixes although they made the browser not work or it was a sticky mess. Thank you in advance to anyone that has made this work.

Gmail client on my Nokia 6133?
I have a cheap Samsung A-570 and I use the procedure below to access my Gmail account and to access Google Search Engine my cell can not download programs so I use WAP and server side applications





Mobile Web access


Read Gmail on your mobile phone by pointing your phone's web browser to http://mail.google.com and access the Google search engine functions on your mobile phone by pointing your phone's web browser to http://wap.google.com/wml





Additional Details:


Ok I am assuming that you are haveing problems with functions on your phone being disabled. What I did was go to Howard Forums and I found a thread "Step by step Idiots Guide to SEEM editing" which let me enable fuctions in my phone that were disabled by the cell provider (Bluetooth file transfer, USB file transfer, ect) I hope this will help you
Reply:I'm assuming the phone was purchased through t-mobile? They do one of the most dumb things ever, they block java applications (such as google maps and gmail) you would have to get the firmware flashed and upgraded to the nokia. There is no DIY to do this (trust me, I've tried) your best bet is www.iunlock.com





amazing service, they won't rip you off. good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


gmail © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting